Friday, July 10, 2009

Week Update...

So I'm very sorry it has been so long since my last update. The fam was here last weekend so when I wasn't working we were out playing in the parks which was very fun! This week I worked Sunday through Thursday. I have not gotten to do parade again yet. They are trying to rotate it so that everyone gets a chance and gets trained. However I did get to do my Harambe School presentation, which was one of the scripts I had to learn, and even did it while my family was still in town so they were there to watch. It went much better than expected. For whatever reason I can talk to thousands of strangers a day and have no fear but you give me a mic and the butterflies start flying, but at least its over for a while. It has rained a lot here this week and its the week after a holiday so crowds have been a little lower. Other than that nothing terribly exciting has happened...I'm just enjoying the life of a Disney cast member, although my voice and feet are still adjusting! Now I have the next two days off and hope to enjoy it being lazy, maybe catching a movie with some friends and getting my errands run!

On another note, I'm sure you have all heard about the tragedy of the monorail accident. Unfortunately we did lose a cast member who was only 21 years old. The whole Disney company is very sad and I'm sure that the monorail and its employees are being thoroughly examined and retrained to make sure no one else is ever hurt.

Now that the sad note is over, here is your DAK fun fact --> Our elephant herd at Disney's Animal Kingdom park produces over a ton of manure a day which we recycle and use as fertilizer all over Walt Disney World!

2 comments:

  1. that's the fun fact you choose to use?? manure, really ashley, really? i want something fun and exciting! but i guess recycling is fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,We are in Rapid City,S. D. for the nght. so far, so REALLY good. Keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete