Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday

Today was a really fun day! This morning we got to see 3 of the KDCs in action and actually open the boxes, see all the props and get a better idea of exactly what we will do there. We saw the Conservation Station one, the one in Asia and the one in Africa. Then in the afternoon we got trained for our section of the parade route and actually got to watch the parade and then we went to see the Festival of the Lion King show! sometimes it amazes me that they are paying me to do these things! :) Luckily we have a day off tomorrow so I will be running some errands and possibly playing in the parks some but mostly I will be working on memorizing my scripts that I have to know by Friday! Sorry this is short but I am in the process of getting ready to head to EPCOT to meet up with some of the other interns for dinner and some fireworks!

PS--I have had more than one comment about pin trading. We will definitely be able to participate in pin trading, I'm not really sure where it came out that we couldn't. The only times that we are not allowed to have pins on us is when we are dealing with the animals in the showboxes for the safety of those animals. (hard to balance a bug and trade pins with three eager children at the same time!) So that's what's up with that!

8 comments:

  1. I guess I started the np pin trading rumor
    because I thought that you had told me that ahwile back--oh well that should be fun--guess you need to go to the cheap Disney store nad buy some to trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having too much fun and getting paid for it! Mamamah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck is pin trading? Y'all crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pin trading is a fun way for guests and cast members to interact all over the parks. basically guests buy these pins and can either just buy them for their own personal collection or they can trade them with cast members or other guests just to see what they can get. the trading is mostly with little kids though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have to touch bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. no I will not be touching bugs...only the keepers are allowed to have contact with the animals. Our critters will be in acrylic show boxes so they are safe but visible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be a "fly on the wall" and hear your script! Bet you'll be very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete